As a Backend Developer (f/m/d), you will be part of one of our autonomous agile teams. You will help us develop the Ruby services that power the Blacklane guest or chauffeur apps, work on improving our back-office system or solve problems in the fields of payment, pricing, geolocation, flight tracking and others.
Aside from that:
- You will ensure a good test coverage, write documentation when needed, engage in code reviews and knowledge sharing.
- You will dedicate part of your time to improve the overall performance, usability and maintainability of the systems you're working on.
- You will dedicate part of your time to improve yourself and learn new things.
- You will be part of a motivated, open-minded and nerd-friendly team determined to improve ground transportation.
- You are proactive, curious and a team player.
- You are experienced with Ruby and know your way around Rails and/or Sinatra.
- You're familiar with the HTTP protocol and have some experience with using and/or developing REST APIs.
- You have experience with or want to learn more about queuing systems (Sidekiq, SQS, Kafka).
- You write code that is maintainable and fast. You are familiar with at least some of the challenges of distributed systems. You are not scared of a dying monolith.
- You have an interest in a variety of programming languages, like Go, Elixir, Crystal or other.
- You are fluent in English.
More than a Job:
- Your personal and professional development is important to us. We support you on that with
- internal trainings as well as the opportunity to travel to conferences.
- bi-weekly Personal Development Days to focus on the things you are enthusiastic about.
- an internal Mentorship program.
- We have supportive schedules:
- Work from home days.
- Flexible hours.
- Push your ideas and visions in our quarterly Hackathons, a few projects presented there went into production afterwards...and it’s just fun.
- We strive to provide a dynamic, ego-free and highly collaborative culture where open and honest feedback is valued.
- Of course working with us also comes with the usual perks: Table Tennis, free drinks, Friday after work cocktail/beers, regular team events,…and more
- Most important: we have an awesome, very diverse team where everyone is different in their own way. This comes with tons of knowledge and experience...and you can be a part of that.