As a self-managing, cross-functional team that practices Scrum and Agile, we move fast together to solve problems in order to maximize impact to citizens. We thrive off each other’s positivity and energy, constantly challenging one another to improve our craftsmanship. We believe in having a flat team structure, with everyone being equally invested in the success of our work.
What to Expect:
As a Software Engineer, you are expected to:
- Deliver and deploy high quality software
- Write code that is clean, readable and consistent
- Practise pair programming with fellow software engineer
- Practise Test Driven Development (TDD) by writing unit tests and regression tests
- Practise Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Participate in regular tech sharing sessions and team retrospectives
- Collaborate closely with other specialists
- Work with Scrum Master to advocate a positive team culture
- Work with Business Analyst to craft user stories by providing technical analysis
- Work with Quality Engineers to develop automated tests and fix defects
- Work with DevOps Engineers to manage builds and releases
How to Succeed:
- We look for Software Engineers who connect with our mission to serve the public through the use of technology.
- We look for people with a hunger for learning. It does not matter which programming language you are best at, as long as you have solid programming fundamentals, strong analytical skills and learning agility.
- Product development is a team sport, so we look for team players with good communication skills.
- The following are added advantages:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related disciplines
- Experience in modern web application technology stacks, such as Ruby on Rails and ReactJS
- Experience in creation/maintenance of APIs using Node.js
- Working experience in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with best practices, such as TDD and CI/CD
- Design Thinking skills