The Marketing Operations Developer, reporting to the Marketing Systems Architect, is responsible for enhancing and maintaining the technical stack of the marketing organization. The Marketing Engineer will have a wide range of responsibilities covering a variety of domains including, but not limited to: development of custom services for marketing automation and execution; development of custom code for business process scale; full stack web development; custom integrations; data modelling for analytics; technical configuration and build of marketing collateral; enablement tools for the org; technical configuration and management of martech tooling. This individual should be able to unpack complex business process and needs in order to build technical solutions that allow the business to operate more elegantly, at greater efficiency, and at scale.
A day in the life
- Manage individual sprint tasks and deliverables, while operating effectively as a collaborative member of the team.
- Work across the entire Marketing Stack, willingly and with ease, to relentless promote and deliver scalable technical solutions to address business needs.
- Technical management, build, and configuration of systems and infrastructure (crm, map, martech tools/systems, web, custom, etc.).
- Integrate and onboard new services/systems/tools into the Marketing Stack.
- Write and deploy custom code to enhance existing system functionalities in alignment with business needs.
- Write and deploy custom services that allows the marketing org to drive engagement at demand generation at greater scale.
- Develop microservices with architecture in Python and AWS serverless technologies that support innovative business needs.
- Manage and maintain the website while continually deploying new features, functionalities and capabilities.
- Perform technical configuration and execution of marketing programs.
- Refactor, fix bugs, and add features across stack.
- Write clean, testable, readable and maintainable code that can be rapidly deployed at internet scale.
What we are looking for
- Experience with Full stack development.
- Experience with Cloud Computing Platforms (AWS preferred).
- Experience with services using REST and open source frameworks.
- Proficiency with Python, experience with Java, skilled in HTML, CSS, JS.
- Desire to be a technical generalist while still possessing and cultivating specialized expertise.
- Can-do attitude with willingness to work on both high- and low-level tasks when and where needed.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail oriented, involvement in project delivery.
- A motivated self-starter with a passion for knowledge and eagerness to challenge him/herself outside of their comfort zone.
- 2+ years of relevant industry/academia experience in marketing operations or software development.
- Bachelors in Business Administration (with MIS/CIS concentrations) or Bachelors in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent.