Hulu’s Web team is seeking a Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our Subscription Management and Retention team. As part of this team, you will build, deploy, optimize, and support features that enable millions of Hulu subscribers to manage their Hulu account and subscription. We’ve rebuilt our application from the ground up using modern web technologies and looking for a passionate developer to join us in continuing to push the envelope further. If you like full-stack web development and are interested in powering play and changing the landscape of television, this is a great role for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- ‘Full-stack’ development of user impacting features that are core to the Hulu business.
- Maintain high code quality by participating in peer code reviews and developing unit and integration tests.
- Work with product managers to help scope features, identify potential trade-offs, and ensure we’re building the right thing for our customers
- Collaborate with product management, UX, and a talented engineering team in an agile development environment.
WHAT TO BRING
- A solid operational mindset towards development — always thinking about application scalability, availability, performance, and security
- Strong debugging skills across all areas of the tech stack.
- Proactive in nature with strong organizational and communication skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience developing applications in Java, Python, or Ruby.
- Knowledge of PCI compliance
- Experience with build tools, such as Webpack or Gulp, as well as transpiling, minification, concatenation and other build-time optimizations
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and other containerization technologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or other cloud services