We’re looking for a full-stack Innovation Developer who will be the lead technologist on the Emerging Technology pillar.
What will you do?
- Research emerging technologies, their alignment to enterprise and business line strategy, and determine implications of proposed solutions in an RBC context.
- Develop the POC and forge relationships with other teams to make proposed solutions a reality. An understanding of the privacy, security, and risk implications of said technologies will serve you well.
- Partner with other development teams and analytical/ops teams to obtain and deliver the necessary POC artefacts – be it working products, research decks, or thought leadership papers.
- Understand when a research or development project needs to be cut to move onto the next piece of tech – careful identification of what’s a diamond in the rough vs. cool tech but a time waster, is key.
- Speak to the technical merits and/or faults of an emerging technology and why it makes sense (or doesn’t) for a particular line of business to invest in it - recommend holding, assessing, trialing or adopting a particular technology.
What do you need to succeed?
- SecDevOps (e.g., Jenkins, Maven, Chef, Puppet, UrbanCode) but also appreciate the risk and security impacts of their deployments
- Cloud (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Pivotal)
- Experience with micro services architecture platforms (e.g., Node.js, Spring Boot)
- Experience in or understanding of emerging technologies (e.g., AI, 5G, IOT, biometrics, voice, AR/VR, holography, robotics)
- Able to handle and perform well with ambiguity and changing priorities
- 2+ years of lead experience
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL and Big Data platforms (e.g.. Cassandra, Mongo DB)
- Experience with native mobile development (e.g. iOS [preferred], Android) and data streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka)