As a Principal Software Engineer at Transaction (TX) Core in Berlin you will be responsible for designing, developing, deploying and maintaining technical solutions for our online store components.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Learn with and from a exciting team of smart professionals from 7 different countries, owning your code and deciding together on the technologies and tools to utilize as well operate high-performance applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (preferably AWS)
- Make a difference for our customers, as a member of our team the code you produce manages millions of orders and all returns of Zalando Customers. Since, our services are critical for the business, we take code reviews, tests coverage and monitoring seriously.
- Our domain area is huge and it takes time to become familiar with it. We are for the long term relationships. We like to mentor and coach new team members so that they grow professionally and feel comfortable at work. You will enjoy the team and get an opportunity to learn many cool things.
- Our code is running for years and it should be easy to understand and maintain at any time. Therefore, we employ API first, appreciate clean code and robust architectural decisions.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Significant expertise with Java, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL.
- Experience in building, maintaining and improving large Web Applications and REST APIs.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Principles and Design Patterns.
- Knowledge in automated deployment and monitoring through CI/CD pipeline (Docker, Kubernetes, or similar)