Under direction from the Web Engineering Manager and the Associate Director of Web Communications, the Web Front-End Developer works collaboratively with a team of design and development professionals to design, develop, and enhance a continuously evolving web portfolio with a focus on the presentation layer of the stack and developing the end-user experience. Our portfolio includes applications and websites that are the public, digital face of our institution and support the patient care, research, and educational mission of one of the most prestigious academic medical centers in the country. We are dedicated to great user-centered design, technical innovation, and a progressive work culture that values respect, integrity, and professional development..
- Analyzes project requirements and proposes solutions utilizing standardized design methodologies. Creates design documents, mock-ups and proof of concept systems as necessary.
- Produces and maintains comprehensive, usable documentation per project.
- Trains colleagues and end-users in aspects of application usage. Assists with the training and orientation of business users.
- Contributes to the development of the team's internal toolkit and software packages/modules.
- Analyzes project requirements and proposes solutions utilizing standardized design methodologies. Creates mock-ups and proof of concept systems as necessary.
- Provides input to the group on technical issues, concepts, and mockups to help advance the shared web vision for all clients. Undertakes critique and direction, takes part in relevant discussions and team client meetings.
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive understanding of the frontend architecture of the team's portfolio.
- Works with stakeholders to execute technical & business objectives for the WCM's web properties. Collaborates with web designers, web developers & content editors to build high-quality, secure, standards-compliant web applications/sites & experiences.
- Prioritizes, tracks, and documents feature requests, enhancements, bugs. Communicates frequently with project teams to maintain situational awareness.
- Conducts software testing and release activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
BS in Computer Science or related area of study. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree.
2+ years of experience implementing frontend web/mobile
Experience implementing frontend integrations with backend services via RESTful web service APIs.experiences/components.
Experience implementing modular user interfaces on an application framework/platform (e.g. Drupal, Symfony, ExpressJS, React, Ionic).
Experience developing and delivering a web/mobile application.
Experience in application development methodologies, including documenting data flows, user workflows, understanding backend APIs, and building functional prototypes.
Experience collaborating with colleagues at different levels and disciplines in an organization including backend developers, business analysts, project managers, system administrators, designers, marketing professionals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming.
- Proficiency in consuming RESTful web service APIs.
- Expertise in a web application platform or framework (e.g. Drupal/Symfony/ExpressJS/React/Ionic)
- Proficiency in version control using Git.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with individuals from any level in an organization.
- Proven ability to work independently and under minimal direction but as an effective team player.
- Capacity to work collaboratively in small teams.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to estimate work, organize, plan and schedule multiple projects simultaneously.