Besides working closely with traders you will also engage with a wide range of technologists such as developers, systems engineers, network engineers and performance engineers. This role is an excellent place to start a career at IMC as you get exposure to many parts of our business and can make a big impact!
- Provide continuity and stability to the production environment.
- Provide quick response to production issues as well as create sustainable solutions to help eliminate downtime, thereby ensuring high availability and performance of our trading platform.
- Coordinate, prioritize and plan the changes to our trading software thereby ensuring smooth exchange migrations and quick time to market for new features and software.
- Contribute towards improving the trading strategy as well as the trading infrastructure.
- Translate trading requests into concrete technical requirements, work with focus teams to create innovative solutions and finally implement those solutions in order to enhance our systems and processes.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You love to problem solve. You have a passion for technology. You enjoy dynamic “client facing” roles.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Linux operating system
- Experience with various ways to deploy Java applications as well as good understanding of JVM
- Strong command of bash or python scripting
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with database querying would be preferred
- You are interested in learning about trading as well as continually improving your technical abilities