The developer will participate in planning and testing work as part of the software engineering team, and contribute to all parts of the software development lifecycle.
- Build new features and resolves bugs in the e-commerce and student information applications, as well as the marketing website.
- Work with senior developers and staff designers to create intuitive, responsive user experiences
- Participate in testing and quality improvement work
- Work with a team of developers to participate in peer review, and also architectural and code quality reviews with the lead software architect.
- Proficiency with SQL databases (PostgreSQL or equivalent)
- Experience building complete features or applications in at least one of the following:
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML and CSS Fundamentals
- Experience working with a team, and coding to existing architectural patterns and guidelines within current applications.
- Experience in agile or lean methodologies