Taboola, the world’s largest content recommendation platform, is hiring an experienced full-stack developer who enjoys creating and is proficient in building the user experience of products as well as the under-the-hood components that make it all work. This is a great opportunity for someone who want a diverse technical experience that also embraces the human factors side of making tools that people depend on every day.
- Work with internal customers, product, and engineering to create beautiful, elegant sites and tools that people love to use.
- Be able to function as a Customer Whisperer, understanding the needs of internal customers both spoken and unspoken, divining their deepest, darkest wishes, and intuiting their future needs
- Be able to iterate solutions as the needs of the enterprise change and grow over time
- Produce clean, performant and maintainable code
- Work autonomously and be comfortable executing projects from start to finish.
- Utilize best practices in front end work and backend code
- Craft browser extensions that provide just-in-time information and functionality
- Use advanced SQL techniques to extract information from databases
- Leverage internal and external APIs to combine data and update internal and external systems
- Learn, contribute, to and maintain an existing code base.
- Ensure reliability of delivered code with Selenium, Spock, or other testing libraries.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with one or more CSS frameworks like Bootstrap, etc
- Experience working in Java and Spring Boot
- Experience with one or more MVC frameworks
- Experience writing tests for automated TDD frameworks
- Professional, precise communication skills
- SQL skills including case logic, aggregate functions, and maximizing query performance
- Ability to manage one's own deliverables and timelines
Bonus points for:
- Experience with responsive/mobile design
- Chrome extension development
- Web analytics knowledge/experience