The Digital Experience organization of MassMutual’s Customer Experience Business Group seeks an exceptional and experienced Web Developer. This is an opportunity to work in a fast paced, innovative, and collaborative environment on exciting technology directives. This position can be located in our Boston, New York City or Springfield offices.
- HTML5: expertise in cross-browser design and implementations; expertise crafting pages with semantic markup; expertise in DOM manipulation; familiarity with W3C standards
- Progressive Web App/Graceful Degradation: experience in implementations across devices, including: desktop, tablet, and mobile browsers
- Git: expertise with workflow steps, including: branching, merging, rebasing, pull requests; working knowledge of reversion and alternative git flows
- Docker: experience building images, Dockerfile syntax, secrets, volumes, and port binding; working knowledge of docker-compose
- Virtualization: experience with virtual machines; one of: Vagrant, VirtualBox, Parallels, VMWare; experience mounting volumes and port binding
- Agile: experience working in an Agile development environment; experience with an online planning system, such as JIRA, Trello, Pivotal Tracker, etc.
- Authorized to work in the USA with or without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Cloud Architecture: understanding of stateless/”12 factor” application principles
- APIs: experience with RESTful APIs; understanding of API specifications, such as Swagger docs
- Deployments: experience with “blue/green” (or “red/black”), rolling, or canary deployment strategies
- Advanced React: experience with higher order components, and composition of components
- Redux or Flux: experience with application data architecture
- Webpack: experience customizing webpack configurations for multi target builds.
- Testing: experience writing unit, integration, integration and load tests; expertise with one of jest, mocha, chai, enzyme, and sinon; proficiency with cross-browser testing tools and/or platforms
- Code Quality: experience with eslint, csslint
- Continuous Integration: experience using pipelines to support continuous delivery; understanding of the value stream
- Documentation: proficiency with technical writing; proficiency with markdown syntax; proficiency writing wiki pages for technical documentation including troubleshooting, tutorials, and reference material
- Focus on the Customer: Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency.
- Act with Integrity: Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards and adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
- Value People: Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences.
- Work Collaboratively: Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources. Achieve Results: Focus on winning; consistently exceeds expectations, beat the competition.