As a Software Engineer you will join one of our Scrum Teams to maintain and develop a portfolio of payment technology related desktop test tools. You will work closely with your team members, domain experts and customers.
Your responsibilities as a Software Engineer will be the following:
- Converting payment industry requirement specifications into executable test tool software, including: Implementing test plan specifications
- Creating and maintaining high quality simulators for components in the payment network
- Building user friendly user interfaces to execute and report complex processes in a comprehensible way
- Test automation using APIs and Continuous Integration
- Become a Subject Matter Expert in the payment domain and act as a consultant to other parts of the organization
- Creating and maintaining off the shelf products and customer specific solutions, involving design, coding and unit testing
- Independently implementing new features based on precisely analyzing provided specifications
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery using Jenkins and GitLab CI
- Participating in a Scrum Team
- Assisting the Product Owner in defining acceptance criteria for User Stories
- Assisting the Product Owner and Scrum Teams with the refinement sessions
- Contributing to a sustainable long term technology strategy by suggesting and implementing improvements and performing trade-off analysis
Interfaces and authorities
- Engineering Manager – Line Management and project team assignments
- Product Owner – Work closely with to breakdown user stories and set acceptance criteria.
- Scrum Master – You’ll work closely with your scrum master to report progress as well as provide estimates
- Scrum Team Members – As a team player, you’ll share knowledge and support other software development and tester engineers.
- BS / MS Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Physics, Math or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in programming
- Java and one other OOP language such as Python.
- Experience with infrastructure as code or CICD technologies like Docker, Git, Nexus, Sonarqube, Jenkins, Selenium would be pre
- Solid experience with at least 2 programming languages (compiled or scripted languages)
- Experienced in the Software Development Lifecycle and Agile Methodologies
- A drive to deliver state-of-the-art products
- A drive to provide correct and definitive answers
- Ability to work well in an international environment
- Good communication skills and able to self-organize
- Proficiency in speaking and writing English.
Considered as a plus
- Experience/ knowledge with banking payment solutions (EMV, ISO8583 based protocols)
- Affinity and/or experience with frameworks and toolkits such as Spring, jQuery, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Hibernate