A Day in the Life of a Front End Developer within our EPSI Team:
The key objective of this role is to enable the continued expansion of the EPSI platform business taking a leading role in enhancing, refactoring and extending the platform front-end. In particular a significant focus will be on the dashboard system for visualization of market data and scenario results.
- Design, development and alignment of new and existing front-end components.
- Working with the team to get the best result in terms of both UI experience and software quality.
- Design of server-side data interfaces required.
This job might be for you if:
- You are an independent thinker, inquisitive and creative in finding alternative solutions.
- You enjoy understanding, designing and implementing correct and elegant software.
- You are able to work effectively in a fast paced environment with dynamic priorities & limited specifications. You will be expected to develop an in-depth knowledge of the EPSI platform and to leverage that knowledge in conjunction with your communication skills to make quick decisions throughout the development process.
- You must be able to work collaboratively & communicate effectively with developers, QA analysts, customer service representatives and management.
- You are fluent in English, additional language skills are a big plus
Must have’s related to our ideal candidate:
- An academic degree (or equivalent level education) in either Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering, or an exact science
- 3+ years’ experience in front-end software development, working with modern front end technologies like React/Redux, Sass/Less
- A passion for UI & UX
- Strong capability in iterative development
- Development practices: Test-driven development, Speed optimisation, Refactoring
- Basic familiarity (or willingness to gain it) with our server-side tools: Modern Perl, MySQL
- A mathematics/optimisation background would be a plus