You have a friendly, open nature and can talk about challenges without creating arguments and you are interested in the well-being of colleagues.
- Align your work with our business and technical visions
- Receive problems to solve, estimate the time required to do the work, and deliver on that estimate.
- Work with our senior engineers to create technical designs. You will be mentored.
- Write good code that aligns with our engineering standards.
- Passionately learn our engineering principles. Continuously improve your skills and knowledge
- You write the best quality code you can. Your code will be formally reviewed.
- At times research the technical feasibility of new ideas and actively suggest improvements
- Support and contribute to our amazing work culture with a great attitude
- Pursuing or just completed a university degree in CS or a related field
- Experience as Ruby engineer (ideally not just Ruby on Rails), you know object-oriented analysis and design (not required for the student position)
- Ability to develop unit tests and automated tests for your code
- You feel comfortable with Linux and console applications programming
- Fluent in English
Desired Skills & Experience
- Expertise with Java, Scala, or c++
- Experience working with messaging queues, especially 0MQ and Kafka
- Experience with Jenkins and CI deployments
- A strong testing attitude