This role is an essential part of our informatics team and will help our team of researchers develop a pipeline of products to support the agricultural community.
- Independently design and develop data, software, or technology solutions to answer scientific or business questions
- Demonstrate proficiency across a range of technologies related to programming languages, data integration, data warehousing, and data visualization and analytics
- Collaborate with local informatics and research scientists to identify and understand their analytical and informatics needs and translate these into solutions
- Implement informatics solutions in the biological science domain in a variety of programming languages and environments.
- Develop solutions in an iterative and interactive development model while working directly with end users
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues in varied scientific and technical roles
- Be equally comfortable working independently and within a team depending on project needs
- Stay abreast of developing technologies, development tools, practices, methods and libraries
- Present projects and systems in front of both scientific and technical audiences
Required skills, experience:
- BS or MS in computer science, software engineering or related STEM discipline with 5+ years professional programming experience
- Full stack experience with Python, Ruby or Go
- Relational database experience (SQL) including schema design
- Test-driven development, continuous integration, deployment and automation
- Experience with cloud computing (Amazon AWS, Google GCP)
- A background or experience in the biological sciences, agriculture, biomedical engineering or bioinformatics (education or experience) is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, design, execute and maintain software solutions.
- Ability to multitask and work within timelines.
- Strong writing skills and excellent verbal communication skills.