Signal has built a world class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation.
About the role - What's your purpose?
- We are looking for talented engineers to join our growing Software Engineering team of 10+ in London.
- The team is autonomous and cross functional, encompassing every role required to build and improve on our products in the way we best see fit. We are able to decide product direction ourselves, trying out new approaches and technologies.
- You will be a core player in the growth of our platform and of the products built on top of it. Areas of work will include our large scale ingestion and machine learning pipeline, increased automation of our infrastructure and new features to our products.
Role and responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- You’re an outcome driven, polyglot developer with experience in a variety of languages and domains; with a proven track record of thinking through and delivering technical solutions for business problems
- You are able to work autonomously, managing your time effectively, and taking ownership of work from inception to deployment
- You understand the importance of operations, where monitoring and alerting are just part of the way you build and run software
- You are comfortable collaborating with other team members to define product direction and strategy; in addition to day to day real time collaboration using practices such as pair programming
- You have strong communication skills and can get your idea across verbally in a manner that sales, product owners, data scientists, developers and designers will all understand