Boeing's Advanced Technology Programs (ATP) is a business unit within Boeing Defense, Space and Security that provides creative solutions to undersea systems problems.
- Conduct efforts to develop software-based systems and/or related software components.
- Candidate will develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Assists with the development of software verification plans, test procedures and test environments.
- Executes test procedures and documents test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Works under general direction.
- Occasional travel to customer and teammate locations is required.
- Must possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Assignments will include software test scripts, code development and integration of software components into a fully functional software system.
- CM control of SW configurations/builds, through a full life-cycle software development - including requirements; designing, documenting, implementing and testing the software; formal qualification and certification of software; and supporting these products through delivery and deployment in the field.
- Experience with SW CM Tools (subversion, GIT etc.)
- Agile software development as part of a team doing continuous integration
- Containerizing application code and creating micro-services to optimize reuse, extensibility, and performance.
- Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Experience in software design, code, or software integration & test (unit test through system test).
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- Experience in at least one of the following languages:
- Experience in at least one of the following Operating Systems:
- Experience in at least two of the following: embedded programming, multi-threaded environments, networking/communications, hardware interfaces (electrical or mechanical), and navigation.
- Experience in embedded Software development (VxWorks or FreeRTOS), Graphical User Interface (GUI) design, Database Management, or Microsoft .Net development.
- Experience in Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C).
- Experience in developing system models, simulations that characterize field-deployed systems.
- Experience/knowledge of AGILE software development process.