Chenega Professional & Technical Services (CPTS) is seeking a Web Developer to provide oversight and contract support to NASA - AMES Research Center (ARC) within the Information Technology Services. The Web Developer will manage web site development and upkeep.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Assist in web related outreach projects.
- Develop custom web applications to improve overall site functionality.
- Create web front-end user interfaces to new or existing databases and applications and information accessible.
- Utilize knowledge of operating systems, focusing primarily on files within the server root to perform the ongoing day-to-day operation of server software including maintaining system security, modifying configuration settings and backing up the system.
- Write and maintain processes, procedures and other types of documents as required.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Must have Three (3) years of relevant recent work experience in programming and server software operations.
- Possess an Active Secret Clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to work independently but follow specific detailed instructions
- Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team- oriented environment
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.